Why Undermount Sinks Are Perfect With Granite Countertops
February 25, 2011 · Print This Article
Homeowners with granite countertops typically have trouble when it comes to choosing between undermount sinks and topmount sinks. Both types of sinks have their advantages and disadvantages, but which one is better suited for granite? Most homeowners end up choosing an undermount sink because it’s more visually appealing and it actually frees up space.
Undermount Sinks and Granite Countertops – Attractive Combo
Undermount sinks are actually mounted underneath granite countertops. The granite’s cutout will outline and envelope the carefully crafted curves of an undermount sink. Numerous people, both homeowners and professionals, find this very attractive once they see it for themselves.
Most people find that undermount sinks without granite countertops, and vice versa, are still very attractive and trendy. By purchasing a stainless steel undermount sink best rated for your stylish granite countertop, you will produce a very appealing, picture perfect image.
Undermount Sinks and Granite Countertops – Saves Space
Undermount sinks and granite countertops not only look good together, but they can also save space and increase the total amount counter space.
Because undermount sinks are located underneath a granite countertop, the sink is taking up space that would otherwise never be used by the homeowner. These leaves more space in the places that the homeowner actually utilizes.
Besides being attractive and freeing up space, undermount sinks and granite countertops also have other advantages.
- Undermount sinks require waterproof counters and granite is a very waterproof material.
- Low maintenance, as stainless steel and granite countertops are easy to clean.
- Homeowners can just sweep food particles on the granite countertops into the undermount sink.
- Undermount sinks are available in a variety of colors and themes, allowing you to easily find a stainless steel undermount sink best rated for your granite countertop.
- Installation of the undermount sink is very quick and easy.
- Undermount sinks come in a vast variety of sizes.
If you are a homeowner looking to redo your kitchen, keep these advantages in mind when purchasing a sink that’s perfect for your granite countertop.